Hi There

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Little Background On Me

Trying to get my blog going (it will mostly be my writing and about writing) poetry, short stories, vents, blurbs, quotes and thoughts here and there so I'll be spamming it with new and old writing for a while. I hope you enjoy. :) Just a little background on me. I began writing at the age of 12 as a form of therapy, (I have suffered from anxiety, depression and insomnia all my life and went though some very dark times) hence the “Spill Ink Not Blood” url. I would like to make people realize that there are other ways of dealing with the pain that life can sometimes bring upon them. Reach for a pen, not a knife, pills or alcohol the next time you feel life is getting the best of you and see what you can create. If you find writing isn’t your thing then by all means try something else that will ease the hurt and fill the emptiness in you. As a teenager I wrote several screenplays but I doubt I will ever let any of them see the light of day, I prefer writing poetry and novels anyway. I don't always follow the "rules" of writing, especially when it comes to poetry. When I write a poem I usually do it in several minutes (just raw emotion spills on the page) I don't contemplate every single word, the rhyme scheme etc. as much as I probably should, if I did my poetry would probably be a lot better but I'm full of passion and my thoughts and feelings tend to burst out. I don't think about what I'm writing, I FEEL it. I'm EMOTIVE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...