Hi There

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Conflictive Addiction


Pills are my meal.
Alcohol my water.
Strange the new normal.

So serene in this inverted world.

Always in a fog.
Don’t care at all.
I no longer hear fear call.

I swallow pill after pill just to feel real.

My days are a maze.
At night I hallucinate.
My mind lazy.

This addiction is holding me hostage.

My body numb.
Irrational mood.
My conduct so lewd.

Have I gone too far? I don’t know what to do.

So much rage!
So, so ill.
Talking crazy.

Need intervention. I’m too weak to save me.

Pills are dulling.
Alcohol drowns.
I’m falling down.

Conflictive addiction. I need that relief, though I know it’ll end in grief.

I want to live again.
Not just exist.
It’s up to me to end this.


© 2011 Jennifer L. Brooks



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...